Saturday, June 28, 2014

Handmade Pewter Church Plates–Another Found Treasure

I’m taking a break from the travel posts to catch up on some other posts as I have recently completed several projects on my long term to-do list. One item I checked off my list was polishing and hanging the antique pewter plates that I found at an antique sale. According to the seller, they are hand hammered church plates that came from an old church in Charleston, South Carolina. They were a great price (I think $15 for all 4!!). I purchased them more than a year ago but temporarily misplaced them. Actually they were in the cabinet on top of a stack of white porcelain plates with silver edges so I thought they were more of the porcelain plates. I have searched high and low for them and finally ran across them by accident! I guess that means I have too much stuff!

handmade pewter plates close up

The photo above is a close up so that you can see the hammer marks.  I hung them on the wall between the sets of patio doors.

wall without accent plates -1

Now, the same photo with the plates.

wall with accent pewter plates

They reflect a lot of light.

handmade pewter plates

I used Disc Plate Hangers purchased here to hang them and I am very pleased with the outcome!

I will be linking to Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality and to Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll thru Life and to The Scoop at Worthing Court.

a signature

2 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

A truly perfect touch! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who "misplaces" things. :)


Have a lovely 4th of July!

Vel Criste said...

Lovely, that wall was meant to have those plates there!