Monday, March 26, 2012

Window Box Inspiration

I’m still trying to finish my kitchen update but was able to squeeze in a very brief trip to Charleston (SC) last week. The weather was beautiful and everything was lovely. Charleston may possibly be my favorite city in the US. My favorite thing to do there is to walk and enjoy the wonderful architecture and spectacular gardens. The window boxes are exceptionally beautiful. Of course, I forgot my camera, but I did take a couple of photos with my phone.

window box 1

These pictures do not do them justice. They were stunning!

window box 2

The last two photos have a miniature boxwood type shrub in them to add height.

window box 3

The last two were mounted to the garage door instead of under a window. The white petunias provide a wonderful contrast to the black doors. Speaking of garage doors, feast your eyes on this beauty.

garage door

Absolutely beautiful!  Have a great week!

signatureandsidebar003-001-1

I’ll be linking to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch and to Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.

2 comments:

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Beautiful window boxes and those garage doors are fabulous. Sounds like a fascinating trip. I need to make the trip.

Decor To Adore said...

Such beauty!

I have a praise in that our home has officially sold. I now have just 32 to days to find a home, pack and move. A little pressure? :) We put a bid on a home yesterday that will give "The Money Pit" a run for it's money.
I wanted to let you know that I so appreciate all of your support and kind comments and if I am absent the next few weeks from your blog please know I will return soon.

For whomever you nurture, have a happy and blessed Mother's Day.