Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Timesaver in the Kitchen

When I need to whip up a special treat for breakfast, I like to make fresh muffins. I have discovered a big timesaver in making muffins.  I mix a double batch according to my favorite recipe, Morning Glory Muffins. I then fill the muffin papers in the muffin tin. Next, I set the muffin tin in the freezer until the muffins can hold their shape.

When the muffins can hold their shape I remove them from the freezer and transfer them to a freezer bag. I try to get as much of the air out of the bag as I can in order to prevent ice from forming on the tops.
IMG_0745
Then I repeat the process until all of the batter is in muffin papers. When I am ready to bake muffins, I take the number that I need from the freezer and pop them in the oven. The result is freshly baked muffins in 15 minutes.  As Martha would say, “It’s a good thing!”

No comments: