During my recent kitchen renovation, I removed cabinets over the peninsula and lost a substantial amount of storage space. Part of the cabinets will be relocated to my garage. I was able to upcycle one cabinet and place it in my laundry room.
It is difficult to get a good photo in my small laundry room but it turned out well. The photo below shows what I started with.
This unit was too long to fit in the spot I had chosen. So, I removed the doors and got out my circular saw and proceeded to cut off one section.
Next, I used a scrap of plywood to close off the open end. Then I covered both ends with a scrap of beadboard and added molding to the corner. I decided to add some crown molding that I had also taken down from the kitchen soffit.
Two coats of primer and three coats of paint later, I had my finished cabinet. The only cost I incurred was for one piece of corner molding. All of the other materials were recycled scraps.
I am pleased with how it turned out.