Sunday, April 15, 2012

Recycled Kitchen Cabinet

During my recent kitchen renovation, I removed cabinets over the peninsula and lost a substantial amount of storage space. Part of the cabinets will be relocated to my garage. I was able to upcycle one cabinet and place it in my laundry room.

IMG_4091

It is difficult to get a good photo in my small laundry room but it turned out well. The photo below shows what I started with.

IMG_4093

This unit was too long to fit in the spot I had chosen. So, I removed the doors and got out my circular saw and proceeded to cut off one section.

IMG_4095

Next, I used a scrap of plywood to close off the open end. Then I covered both ends with a scrap of beadboard and added molding to the corner.  I decided to add some crown molding that I had also taken down from the kitchen soffit.

IMG_4088

Two coats of primer and three coats of paint later, I had my finished cabinet. The only cost I incurred was for one piece of corner molding. All of the other materials were recycled scraps.

IMG_4089

I am pleased with how it turned out.

signatureandsidebar003-001-1

I’ll be linking to Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality, to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch, and to Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.

8 comments:

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Turned out beautiful - love the beadboard on the side!

Unknown said...

Fabulous upcycle! You did a wonderful job!!

Maggie said...

That's fabulous as well as being a recycled (actually maybe "up cycled"). Can't believe you did all that yourself. Kudos!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Good for you for finding a use for this extra cabinet. It's going to be great to have extra storage in your laundry area.

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

This looks like brand new, great job :)

Stacy CUrran said...

This is awesome! I'd be so scared to try this!!!
Stacy

Decor To Adore said...

Wow! I am VERY impressed. Great job!

Thank you for you kind comments. You are such a blessing to me.

I will be having a Mother's Day giveaway this next Friday with glimpses of whats up for grabs all this week. :)

Michele said...

Nice transformation and Happy Mother's Day ~

God Bless You Too~
Sincerely,
Michele