Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chasing the Winter Blues with Grocery Store Flowers

I will be the first to admit that I am a warm weather girl. I enjoy puttering around outdoors but I don’t enjoy bundling up so I spend most of the winter inside. I can’t think of anything that gives me a little lift quicker than fresh flowers. A simple inexpensive bouquet from the grocery store can do the trick.

IMG_6509

I chose this bouquet because the colors go well with our snowman mugs that I keep out for the month of January.

IMG_6510

I chose the ribbons from my collection and added a bow.

IMG_6511

I used this miniature pitcher for a vase. The top of the pitcher is just the right size to firmly hold the stems in place. I cut the stems so that the flowers would stand upright without being floppy.

IMG_6512

I need warm weather to be productive. I haven’t made any progress on my list of projects but I do have high hopes!

a signature

I’ll be linking to The Scoop at Stone Gable and I’ll be linking to Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.

11 comments:

Stacey said...

Hang in there! Your flowers are beautiful and look at that sky peeking through the window. I was in the same mood last week. Fortunately it warmed up here and we've been much more productive.

Stacey said...

Hang in there! Your flowers are beautiful and look at that sky peeking through the window. I was in the same mood last week. Fortunately it warmed up here and we've been much more productive.

Vel Criste said...

I was just thinking about that too Pat!!!!! Acutally I haven't bought my flowers yet since I'm having a huge birthday party for my son on Saturday and wanted to get them then! Love how you used your pitcher and the snowman mugs!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I am so with you about the warm weather! I feel like I just "endure" January and February. I think I need a dose of "flowers,", too! Love the colors in your bouquet!

Linda said...

I love fresh flowers to help chase those blues away. Like that you have your snowman still out. We put ours up this years.

Lady of the Manor said...

Thanks for posting this beautiful picture of flowers! It was just what I needed!! Hope you feel better having them in your home. They looks very good with your snowmen!

Decor To Adore said...

A perfect and truly cheerful match to your darling mugs!

Decor To Adore said...

A perfect and truly cheerful match to your darling mugs!

Leo@cottageatthecrossroads said...

Hi Pat,
Spring will be here before you know it. I enjoyed discovering your blog.

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Hi Lydia,
I'm a warm weather girl, too, and I've been miserable this winter. I know what you mean about being unproductive when it's cold. It's been hard for me to get much done. I want to thank you for sending me the pumpkin seeds. I've already picked out the spot where we're going to plant them in June!

Geneva Brooks said...

I totally agree that flowers can help ward winter blues away. After all, they give off an amazingly warm and cozy vibe. Anyway, I hope you'll have another season-themed bouquet this coming spring, Pat. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you! :)

Geneva Brooks @ Bayside Just Because