Monday, April 29, 2013

New Life for Another Old Chair

A couple of weeks ago I ran across a pair of chairs at an antique store in Charleston and purchased them to use as extra dining seating at our summer cottage. They were in original condition and are oak. I don’t usually care for oak but for some reason these really appealed to me. They are very sturdy and quite comfortable. I gave them a good wipe down with Murphy’s oil soap and checked the webbing which was still in good shape.

oak chair 6

Let’s take a closer look at the back.

oak chair 12

Because it takes less than a yard of fabric to cover two chair seats, I splurged for an embroidered linen and covered the seats.

oak chair 15

oak chair 18

oak chair 19

Compared to most projects that I do, this one was very quick, easy, and affordable! I am very pleased with how they turned out!

a signature

I’ll be sharing with Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch and with Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.

3 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love the new fabric...very pretty!

Tammie said...

I didn't see where to email. Just found your blog from the Haven linky. I would like to know the name of the paint in the master of your cottage.
Tammie

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

That lime green looking paint is a Sherwin Williams color that was called "Springtime!"