A couple of weeks ago I ran across a pair of chairs at an antique store in Charleston and purchased them to use as extra dining seating at our summer cottage. They were in original condition and are oak. I don’t usually care for oak but for some reason these really appealed to me. They are very sturdy and quite comfortable. I gave them a good wipe down with Murphy’s oil soap and checked the webbing which was still in good shape.
Let’s take a closer look at the back.
Because it takes less than a yard of fabric to cover two chair seats, I splurged for an embroidered linen and covered the seats.
Compared to most projects that I do, this one was very quick, easy, and affordable! I am very pleased with how they turned out!