Monday, June 26, 2017

A Quick Summer Dessert with Fresh Strawberries

It’s strawberry season here and the last ones that I bought are possibly the best I have ever had in my entire life! Let me show you the quick dessert that I whipped up with strawberries.

strawberry shortcakes

I started with a small pound cake that I purchased at the store.

purchased pound cake

I sliced the cake into 1/2” slices.

sliced pound cake

Next I used the dessert dishes like a cookie cutter to cut each slice.

cutting the pound cake

I put a layer or slice of cake in each dessert dish.

dessert dishes with pound cake

Next I sliced fresh strawberries and placed them around the outside edge of each dish.

strawberries added around the edge

I added a layer of instant vanilla pudding that I had just mixed up.

the pudding layer

I added a dollup of whipped topping.

a dollop of whip topping

Of course I added a fresh strawberry on top.

whip cream and a strawberry on top

I made these ahead of time and let them sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. The juice from the berries had moistened the pound cake and it was delicious! This is a great way to support your local strawberry farmer!!!

Happy summer!

a signature

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

This looks SO good Pat! I love how easy it is and that you don't need to turn on the oven. Thank you so very much for your kind and encouraging comments. You are a true gem. Have a wonderful holiday my friend.