Monday, June 26, 2017

A Quick Summer Dessert with Fresh Strawberries

It’s strawberry season here and the last ones that I bought are possibly the best I have ever had in my entire life! Let me show you the quick dessert that I whipped up with strawberries.

strawberry shortcakes

I started with a small pound cake that I purchased at the store.

purchased pound cake

I sliced the cake into 1/2” slices.

sliced pound cake

Next I used the dessert dishes like a cookie cutter to cut each slice.

cutting the pound cake

I put a layer or slice of cake in each dessert dish.

dessert dishes with pound cake

Next I sliced fresh strawberries and placed them around the outside edge of each dish.

strawberries added around the edge

I added a layer of instant vanilla pudding that I had just mixed up.

the pudding layer

I added a dollup of whipped topping.

a dollop of whip topping

Of course I added a fresh strawberry on top.

whip cream and a strawberry on top

I made these ahead of time and let them sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. The juice from the berries had moistened the pound cake and it was delicious! This is a great way to support your local strawberry farmer!!!

Happy summer!

a signature

2 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

This looks SO good Pat! I love how easy it is and that you don't need to turn on the oven. Thank you so very much for your kind and encouraging comments. You are a true gem. Have a wonderful holiday my friend.

Stacey said...

Darn I missed this long ago! Sorry about that. :)

This looks delicious and easy too. My husband's mom used to always have things like this in the fridge or freezer. You could stop by unexpectedly and she'd pop something wonderful out. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to make this.