Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Dining Room Update- ORC Week 5

I can see the finish line for this project and I am so excited! I will actually finish on time so you must come back next week for the big reveal! This week I completed the window treatments and recovered the chair seats.

chair and window treatment

I covered the chair seats with a dark pink upholstery velvet fabric. I chose a solid color because I thought that a pattern might be too much with the carved backs of the chairs.

dining room before chair seats

When I bought these chairs about thirty years ago I planned to changed the cream colored chair seats immediately but I never got around to it. Only one seat had a small stain but I have never cared for the color.

window treatment close-up

I happened to find the embroidered silk fabric for the drapes in a sale bin at a local fabric store, Martha's Fabrics, and it was exactly the amount that I needed. I added a small band of dark pink fabric as an accent across the top.

dining room before window treatments

The new drapes are a tremendous improvement over the old ones!

velvet chair seats

If you missed by previous posts about this project you can click here, here, here, and here.  I can’t wait to show you the entire room next week! Be sure to click over to Calling It Home to see the other participants in this six week design project.

I’m also linking to Thoughts of Home of Thursday at Poofing the Pillows. Click the link to see what the other participants have been up to this week.

a signature

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the fabric you chose for the drapes and it's perfect with the walls.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O MY!! Totally in LOVE with the colors that you chose!! So pretty!! Looking forward to the reveal!
Hugs,
Deb

Vel Criste said...

LOVE the drapes too Pat! I can't imagine you waiting on a simple project like your chairs for 30 years?! I know you've done work much more complicated than that! ;-)

Connie said...

Every week I can't wAit to see your progress. My very favorite one room challenge with beautiful fabric covered walls!

Richella Parham said...

Pat, you are a MASTER! I just love the way this room is shaping up. I'm sorry I haven't left you a comment every week, but I've been stopping by to see how the room is progressing, and I'm so exciting to see the finished product next week! One request: please share photos from every single angle when you're all done. I want to see every little bit!!

Now, when you're all finished, will you come help me in my house? You really are amazing!

Positively Southern said...

Everything looks gorgeous!

cathy @ connecticuthousewifeblog.com said...

I love everything you've done. The wall fabric, the drapes, the seat colors. It's beautiful.

Unknown said...

I think this room looks beautiful! I love your wallpaper and the drapes are perfect! It's so refreshing to see color and pattern and your room is making me green with envy!

therelishedroost said...

Love the wallcovering!!

cathy @ connecticuthousewifeblog.com said...

This is a beautiful update. So timeless, classic and gorgeous!