Monday, January 14, 2013

Whirlwind Trip to Lucketts

Back in December, I enjoyed a brief trip to the Washington, DC area so that my daughter and I could attend the Middleburg Hunt Review and Christmas parade. You can read about it here.We had a wonderful time. Since Middleburg, is just about 30 to 40 minutes from Lucketts, we had to make a trip there too. Unfortunately, we got stuck in traffic after the Christmas parade and blew in to the Old Lucketts Store about 20 minutes before closing time. I would love to go back another time. I didn’t want to run around snapping pictures like some kind of nut but I did snap a few here and there with my Iphone. I’ll let the pictures do the talking.

Old Lucketts store 1

old Lucketts Store 2

Old Lucketts Store 3

Old Lucketts Store 4

Old Lucketts Store 5

Old Lucketts Store 6

I didn’t buy anything, but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. FYI, if you happen to go when it’s cold, there was no heat when we were there and the toilet was a port-a-john outside so plan accordingly!

I hope to have some projects ready to post soon.

a signature

I’ll be linking to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch and to Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style. Click over to join the party!

3 comments:

On Crooked Creek said...

Pat,
Oh! This is one of those shops where you need at least half a day to browse!!! Lovely merchandise and the displays are exquisite!!! Sorry you didn't have much time...but thank you so very much for sharing!
Visiting from BNOTP!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Decor To Adore said...

GaH! You lucky girl. I'm a bit green. :)

Have a lovely winter wonderland weekend!

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Lucketts is my favorite store! I don't always buy something either but just being there, admiring all of the wonderful items is great therapy! you really MUST make another trip when you can. Try to come when they're having a Design House weekend. It's fabulous too! Hugs, Leena