Monday, October 15, 2012

Another Update with a Lampshade Slipcover

You may remember my slipcovered lampshade on my entry table from this post. It sits on the table that I made from parts of my grandmother’s piano. If you missed that post, you can read about it here.

table from piano parts

After living with that for a few months, I decided that I needed a little color so I made another slipcover for the lampshade using leftover silk from the window treatments.

slipcovered entry table lamp 1A

As you can see, this table sits in a little niche right next to the refrigerator. The new shade slipcover is close to the color of the walls.

slipcovered entry table lamp 1B

The niche is at the end of our narrow entry hall. In addition to switching out the shade, I also moved the antique cigar box. I love the wooden box, but opening and closing the lid was not working. I switched to a decoupage plate for dropping keys.

decopage plate 1

Here’s a better shot of the plate.

decopage plate 3

The new arrangement works better for us as a quick place to drop our keys and charge our phones. As a side note, the flowers are from a $4.99 grocery store bouquet and are 3 weeks old! That’s a lot of bang for $4.99!

Also, I’ll be linking to Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.

Also, if you missed my last post,  I want to remind you that there is a GREAT sale going on at LydiasHouse.com on Bethlehem Christmas dinnerware because I just learned that we will have to move our warehouse by the end of the month!!! Click on this link to go directly to the products page.

IMG_1718

Please help me get the word out. The prices are our lowest ever because I would rather sell at a deep discount than move the inventory. Also, please pray that we will be able to find affordable warehouse space!

Have a great week!

signatureandsidebar003-001-1

I’m joining the Metamorphosis Monday party at Between Naps on the Porch. Drop by and visit for tons of inspiration.

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

I will be praying that you find space and move inventory!

My dear aunt also majored in Home Ec and it was she who taught me "No all beige food plates". :)