Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Heirloom Pumpkin Topiary

Recently I discovered beautiful heirloom pumpkins that I absolutely love! The unusual colors are just gorgeous. I decided to assemble them into a small topiary.IMG_2810

I placed the biggest one upside down in the urn so that the stem would be going down then I stacked the next one on top of it. I used a bundle of grapevines to hold the top one above the stem of the middle one.

IMG_2809 

They appear to be leaning in this photo but they aren’t. I added a simple burlap bow to the top.

I’ve been busy all summer completing some projects which I will be sharing soon.

I am linking this post to Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.

signatureandsidebar003-001-1

9 comments:

Olive said...

Your pumpkins in the urn look fabulous. I really like the green chubby pumpkins.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

So pretty! I love the added touch of grapevine!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Hi Pat, just stopped by from WUW and I am so glad I did! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your topiary, definitely coping this for next year:) Just became your newest follower, would love if you followed back. Martina

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great looking topiary with the vine wrapped around it. Thanks for joining Wow.

Honey at 2805 said...

Your topiary is lovely in the urn!

Bonnie said...

I am crazy about urns and topiaries! Looks great with the pumpkins and vine.

Veronica said...

Og your urns is just so very beautiful!!! I am officially an urn addict and yours looks great.


Veronica
Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds

Kim said...

Looks awesome! I especially love the grapevine wrapped around it. Spectacular. I'm a new follower of your delightful blog. Pop over for a visit sometime!
xoxo,
Kim

Decor To Adore said...

I love this look and am tempted to try it in my front pots since the mums have died. :(